Compared to other buildings types, a steel building is:
- The strength-to-weight ratio is unmatched.
- It’s fire resistant, termite resistant and is not as susceptible to the elements.
- Can be erected faster, therefore reducing the cost of labor. Also, since the strength-to-weight ratio is greater, less material is required which translates to additional cost savings.
- Is easier to clean and maintain, reducing the need to replace parts or components, saving you time and money.
- Steel is recyclable and can be reused over and over without affecting its integrity. Since it can be erected faster than other buildings, it also reduces the overall energy consumption of the project erection process.