An Employee’s Commitment to our Core Values
One Friday, not too long ago, while most were busy making weekend plans,
Mike Wade was on a mission that would take him through three states and
almost 1,000 miles, all in the name of excellence, personal responsibility and
exceptional customer service.
Mike joined Metallic last summer. During his time at Metallic, he’s made significant
contributions to the Metallic Sales Team, one of those being, re-engaging Rozier
Construction. Rozier became a Metallic Authorized Builder in 1991,
but when their DM left Metallic in 2012, they soon followed. Enter Mike Wade. Through much hard work, persistence and collaboration with his Regional Manager, Jerry Patterson, Mike managed to regain Rozier’s trust, bringing them back to the Metallic family.
Not too long ago, Metallic and Rozier began working on a Dollar General in Bolton, MS. There was one problem though: the project’s door curbs would not be delivered until Tuesday but Rozier absolutely had to have them Monday. Rozier was unyielding about this delivery date because they had already planned to have a full crew Monday morning to install the curbs, complete the job, then move on to the next Dollar General in Hattiesburg, MS on Tuesday.
Mike was not willing to shift responsibility to the ‘delivery process’ and most certainly was not willing to risk losing the customer again. So he took action to make sure the curbs were there first thing Monday morning as requested by the customer.
What did Mike do?
On Friday morning, at 9:00 a.m., Mike picked up a trailer in Collierville, TN. He then drove to Trenton, GA arriving there around 4:00 p.m. to pick up the curbs (482 lbs.); he then drove the curbs to Bolton, MS, arriving there at about 8:30 p.m. By 9 p.m. he had unloaded the curbs and was headed back home, arriving there at approximately 1:00 a.m.
In total, that was 16 hours, three states, 950 miles and one satisfied customer who witnessed Mike’s commitment to excellence, personal responsibility, and determination to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- West Fargo Hockey Arena Voted Metallic’s 2017 Building of the Year
- Roebuck Buildings Co., named Metallic’s 2017 Builder of the Year
- Thank you for making Metallic's 2018 National Builder Meeting a success
- Meet Our Team
- Join us in welcoming our new builders of 2016!
- Metallic Introduces New General Manager of Operations
- Metallic Recognizes J.B. Steel, Inc., with 2015 Builder of the Year Award
- Metallic Recognizes Cary & Associates Builders, Inc. with 2015 Building of the Year Award
- 2016 National Sales Meeting
- Builder Benefits Co-op Program 101
- New Builders of 2015
- 2015 Design Build Contest
- Metallic Introduces New Director of Commercial Operations
- New District Sales Manager for Oklahoma and Western Missouri