The ThermalSafe® insulated metal panel combines advanced design with our sophisticated manufacturing expertise to create a composite panel with a core made from non-combustible structural mineral wool boards processed to maximize compressive strength. This fire-rated panel has superior structural characteristics and span capability.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Resists high temperatures and will not burn or release gases in a fire
- One-step installation that can be easily disassembled, moved and reinstalled
- Dimensionally stable, water repellent and will not expand
- Sound reduction acoustical properties due to mineral wool
- Width: 42″
- Thickness: Nominal 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″, 8″
- Length: 8′-0″ to 40′-0″, variable by thickness; contact Metallic for exact maximum length for each thickness
- Exterior Face: Ultra-Light Mesa nominal 1/32″ with stucco-embossing or Santa Fe profile with heavy stucco-embossing, G-90 galvanized and/or AZ-50 aluminum-zinc coated steel in 26 and 24 Ga.
- Interior Face: Ultra-Light Mesa nominal 1/32″ with stucco-embossing
- Joint: Exclusive LockGuard® side joint has a flush, double tongue-and-groove connection of the metal faces with an advanced integral spine to join the mineral wool core
- Core: non-combustible, rigid mineral wool lamellas. Mineral wool fibers are oriented perpendicular to the panel faces for maximum structural strength
- Fastening: Available with either through-fastening across the width of the panel to the support framing or non-exposed fastening (NEF) by securing through the back of the panel for a flush visual appearance. Consult fire-resistant listings for fastener types and spacing. Fastening patters may vary depending on specific windload and fire-resistant requirements.