We Salute You, Cary & Associates Builders, Inc.
Cary & Associates Builders, Inc. | Sebastopol, CA
Authorized Builder since 1996 | Member of the President’s Advisory Council
If you are a wine aficionado or have traveled through the California wine country to simply take in the sights, you may have marveled at one of the countless wineries built by Cary & Associates Builders, Inc. From small, low-production wineries to large, complex mixed-use facilities to support higher production and customer interaction, Cary & Associates is well-known for delivering the perfect structure.
President and CEO, Corey Cleland and his team have mastered the art of delivering award-winning projects that redefine metal buildings and wineries. In 2015, Cary & Associates delivered one of their most remarkable wineries, Balletto Vineyards and Winery, which earned Metallic’s coveted Building of the Year award. This custom-engineered metal building fully represents the regional demand for aesthetically, functional, green buildings. Cary helped the winery achieve LEED certification by integrating multiple green attributes including insulated metal panels (IMPs) for optimizing roof and wall insulation.
Silver Oak Cellars Alexander Valley is another noteworthy project. The winery was recognized by WINE International Association Magazine as one of the top 10 wineries in California in 2020. With Cary’s support and expertise, this facility earned LEED Platinum certification, becoming the first commercial winery in the world to attain green-building status. After achieving this notable certification, Silver Oak Cellars was certified a Living Building by the International Living Future Institute, becoming the world’s largest manufacturing facility to earn this prestigious status. Cary & Associates was a key collaborator in meeting the stringent requirements to achieve Living Building Challenge compliance. This speaks to the brand’s expertise in delivering eco-friendly buildings that are as sustainable as they are beautiful.
Cary’s excellence in the winery segment is proven and has been recognized year over year:
- 2019 – Hudson Vineyards Winery – Napa, CA | Award of Merit
- 2018 – Silver Oak Cellars – Healdsburg, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2016 – Crocker & Starr Winery – Saint Helena, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2015 – Balletto Vineyards and Winery – Santa Rosa, CA | Building of the Year
- 2015 – MacRostie Winery – Healdsburg, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2014 – Honig Vineyards & Winery – Rutherford, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2013 – Larkmead Vineyards – Calistoga, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2013 – Toulouse Vineyards – Philo, CA | Award of Merit
- 2012 – Balo Winery – Philo, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2011 – Copain Winery – Healdsburg, CA | Award of Excellence
- 2010 – Carneros Vintners – Sonoma, CA | Award of Excellence
Cary & Associates’ stellar reputation and success is not limited to winery buildings. Their project library highlights numerous projects for a variety of end-uses – from automotive structures to municipal buildings to warehouses. It is hard to top the recreational value of a winery but the excellence in craftsmanship that Cary & Associates is known for is evident in all their projects.